Tax Consultation in Russia
Our tax consultants, tax accountants, auditors, lawyers and corporate consultants support international companies and businessmen in all issues concerning taxes and tax law in Russia.
Russian tax law may seem impenetrable at first glance, but tax laws and bureaucracy can not prevent you from succeeding in Russia if you have experienced service providers and consultants at your side.
Our clients in “Tax Consultancy in Russia” are primarily:
- Subsidiaries, branches, business premises and representative offices of international companies in Russia.
- International private individuals with a high income, which have to be taxed completely or partially in Russia.
- Abroad living Russians citizens with a high income, which have to be taxed completely or partially in Russia.
Our aim: we want to manage your tax situation in the way that it is 100% legal, transparent and tax efficient. That means that you will not have to pay more taxes than necessary. We will find the best solution for you in order to guarantee the highest level of tax efficiency and a smooth communication with the Russian tax authorities.
A short introduction into the tax system, taxes and tax rates in Russia
The Russian tax system is based on the first and second parts of the Russian Tax Code. Here, the taxation principles, procedures, and types of tax are standardized for the Russian Federation as a whole. Besides that Russia is involved in over 80 double taxation treaties, including the USA, UK, Japan, Singapore, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Italy, the Netherlands, Saudi-Arabia, Turkey, Iran, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Kuwait, Qatar and more.
The Russian tax system has three levels: the first federal level, second federal level, and regional level. On the first federal level, a consistent tax rate is applied to the whole of Russia. One such instance is VAT. Second-level federal tax rates are also determined centrally by the federal fiscal code, but local municipalities are entitled to reduce this by a certain amount. An example is corporate income tax. Regional or local-level taxes include wealth and property tax.
Here are the most important tax types in Russia with the respective rates:
- Corporate income tax: 20%
- Value added tax (VAT): standard VAT rate: 20% (introduced on January 1st, 2019), reduced VAT rate: 10%, certain goods and services, as well as exports from Russia and the Eurasian Customs Zone are free of VAT;
- Personal income tax: 13% (30% for non-residents) (if a non-Russian employee fulfills the requirements of a “highly qualified specialist” his income will be taxed with only 13% even though he stays less than 183 days in Russia and is a non-resident because of that. Social securities don’t have to be paid as well. A globally very attractive income tax rate.)
- Wealth tax: up to 2.2%
- Dividend tax (withholding tax): 13% (15% for non-residents) (with double tax agreements, potentially 5%)
Do not be scared of Russian taxes or let them deter you from your project in Russia. Instead, find and choose the right business partner for these matters. You will see that Russia is also a very interesting business location for tax purposes.
Our service “Tax Consultation in Russia” can profit the client in the following fields:
- Tax consultancy in combination with the company set-up;
- Tax advice in combination with Due Diligence;
- Tax Accountancy during Merger & Acquisitions;
- Elaboration of the company’s tax reporting policy;
- Optimizing tax calculations;
- VAT refund and
- VAT planning in cross-border businesses.
Our clients of Tax Accountancy in Russia often ask us for the following services as well:
10 Reasons to work with Rufil Russia Consulting
- Quality: Our tax consultants and all other employees maintain a client, service and quality oriented approach.
- Loyalty: Our loyalty is always to our clients.
- Transparency: We ensure that our clients always maintain an overview of their business in Russia.
- German Work Ethic: Our company has a German business culture. In our work, we place great emphasis on German virtues.
- Highly qualified staff: In our office work professional Russian tax consultants, accountants, auditors, lawyers and corporate consultants. Our working languages are English, German and Russian.
- Experience: We have been supporting our clients in Russia since 2007.
- Security, Responsibility, Reliability: When our clients receive our services, we assume responsibility and liability for the services provided by our employees.
- The price of Quality in Russia: The outsourcing of services to Rufil Russia Consulting will save you the costs of recruiting, wages and quality control.
- Long term Approach and Continuity: We believe in long term relationships with our employees, clients and investors.
- Network: We are integrated into an expert and competence network of international consultants and partners in Russia and would be delighted to make these contacts available to you.
Our quality promise:
“Your contact person will be a senior accounting specialist who successfully gained the qualification “IFRS expert”, with a good command of English, who regularly participates in professional training, is permanently employed at Rufil Russia Consulting and is based at our office in the very center of Moscow. Don’t settle for less!”
In our office in Moscow work highly qualified accountants, auditors, finance experts (IFRS, US-GAAP, HGB, Russian GAAP), tax consultants, experts and programmers for automation, accounting software and IT solutions as well as international management consultants. Our working languages are English, Russian and German.
Important information about accountancy and taxes in Russia (free download)
Who are we?
We are a German-international medium-sized and owner managed Business Strategy Consulting Company in Moscow. With about 20 employees – most of us are financial experts, business consultants, accountants, tax advisors and consultants – we support international companies in their business in Russia. How we work and what are our corporate principles are you can find out at: about us.
Successful business in Russia means taking action.