Internal Audit and Due Diligence in Russia
We offer our clients the services “Internal Audit” and Due Diligence” in Russia.
An internal audit of your branch in Russia gives you precise and comprehensible information on the actual financial, fiscal and legal situation as well as the associated risks. Furthermore, an internal audit in Russia can help to identify and prove irregularities or even negligent and deceitful actions of employees or management, or at best to avoid such things in advance.
Many of our clients ask us to support them in their internal audit regularly, to gain efficiency and effectiveness of the most important processes and assure a constantly growth of the entire company that way. Furthermore a regularly internal audit can be a positive signal for potential investors and donors.
“Confidence is good, control is better!”
This famous and timeless Russian proverb is even more relevant nowadays when you want to buy a company in Russia. An audit executed due to check the position of a new purchased company is called Due Diligence. Generally jurisdictional, economical, financial and tax risks and issues are content of this analysis.
Why carry out an Internal Audit and Due Diligence in Russia?
Another famous proverb says: “You cannot understand Russia, you can just believe it.” Nevertheless, one should try to understand the Russian way of thinking even more when investing in Russia. Internal Audit and Due Diligence are the services that support you in this. One has to keep in mind, even though it has improved over the last few years, the legal certainty in Russia is still lower than in for example Germany, Austria, Switzerland or the USA. Cases in which tax authorities are arguing without any legal permission or basis are rather common in Russia.
Within our service “Internal Audit in Russia” we offer our clients the following performances:
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of internal control systems of the company, answering the questions:
- How reliable are the information analysed and published by the company?
- Have the laws been taken into account?
- Have the internal guidelines been taken into account?
- Evaluation of assets;
- Evaluation of the effectiveness and efficiency of departments and structures;
- Review of the commercial and the fiscal accounting to display potential deficiencies and risks;
- Review of management reporting;
- Support during the internal audit of your subsidiary or representative office;
- Review of the internal guidelines referring commercial and financial accounting;
- Review of the internal guidelines to display inefficiencies in data traffic and document circulation;
- Review of the internal accounting guidelines and other internal processes of the holding company regarding the compatibility with the Russian law system and adaption of those if necessary;
- Support in stock takings of the company;
- Elaboration of controlling systems and the adjustment of controlling processes according to those of the holding company while considering the Russian laws.
Within our service “Due Diligence in Russia” we offer the following performances:
- Entire Tax Due Diligence;
- Entire Finance Due Diligence;
- Entire Legal Due Diligence;
- General analysis of the purchased company;
- Analysis of risks and arrangements to minimize risks;
- Support of the client during shareholder’s meetings and negotiations during the acquisition;
- analysis of the financial reports;
- Individual Due Diligence, focusing the client’s demands and questions.
Our clients of Internal Audit in Russia often ask us to perform the following services of our portfolio as well
- Accounting Outsourcing in Russia
- Payroll Accounting in Russia
- Tax Accountancy in Russia
- Financial Reporting in Russia (IFRS, US-GAAP, Russian GAAP)
Further reasons to work with Rufil Russia Consulting in Russia
- we are a quality, service and customer oriented company
- all of our employees stick to our corporate principles
- we are a German company and adhere to German virtues
- we work in Russia since 2007
- through our services and performances we support international companies in Russia and generate that way a higher quality of life for our clients, employees and investors
- we have access to a well-functioning network of experts in several business areas in Russia
Our quality promise:
“Your contact person will be a senior accounting specialist who successfully gained the qualification “IFRS expert”, with a good command of English, who regularly participates in professional training, is permanently employed at Rufil Russia Consulting and is based at our office in the very center of Moscow. Don’t settle for less!”
In our office in Moscow work highly qualified accountants, auditors, finance experts (IFRS, US-GAAP, HGB, Russian GAAP), tax consultants, experts and programmers for automation, accounting software and IT solutions as well as international management consultants. Our working languages are English, Russian and German.
Important information about accountancy and taxes in Russia (free downloads)
Get in touch with us!
Who are we?
We are a German-international medium-sized and owner managed Business Strategy Consulting Company in Moscow. With about 20 employees – most of us are financial experts, business consultants, accountants, tax advisors and consultants – we support international companies in their business in Russia. How we work and what are our corporate principles are you can find out at: about us.
Successful business in Russia means taking action.